St. Catherine University Experiential Learning Model (ELM) Demonstration Center for Novice Interpreters and Baccalaureate Degree ASL-English Interpretation
CATIE Center (ASL Interpreting)
Laurie Swabey, PhD, was awarded $3.9 million from the Department of Education, Rehabilitation Services Administration. The CATIE Center will achieve its goals through focus on the following objectives:
1) Establish a Consortium and Advisory Board to engage broad stakeholder input in project design, implementation and dissemination.
2) Design the Experiential Learning Model (ELM) to prepare novices to attain national certification.
3) Pilot the ELM program at the first site and refine ELM based on initial pilot findings.
4) Pilot ELM at a minimum of three additional sites in Years 3-5 beginning in Year 2, followed by refining and packaging the ELM model, products and evidence.
5) Disseminate evidence-based and promising practices, as well as ELM products and lessons learned, to extend replication of the model and effective practices nationally.
Swabey, Laurie, "St. Catherine University Experiential Learning Model (ELM) Demonstration Center for Novice Interpreters and Baccalaureate Degree ASL-English Interpretation" (2016). External Grant Awards. 61.