Browse Journals and Peer-Reviewed Series
The Journal of Interpreting Studies and Communication Equity (JISCE), hosted by St. Catherine University, provides a forum for discourse regarding interpreting, social justice, and communication equity. The JISCE provides a peer-reviewed platform for both research-based as well as community-based original articles focusing on communication access, diversity, culture, language, and other topics related to the work of signed language and spoken language interpreters. Articles may be in either ASL or English. The Journal offers a rolling call for manuscripts and is published annually. The JISCE is universally available online via open access.
The submission deadline for the first volume of JISCE will be May 24, 2019.
Research on Diversity in Youth Literature (RDYL) is a peer-reviewed, online, open-access journal hosted by St. Catherine University’s Master of Library and Information Science Program and University Library. RDYL is published twice a year; June issues are themed and December issues are unthemed.RDYL 3.1 CFP
We are pleased to announce that RDYL 3.1, themed “Minstrelsy and Racist Appropriation in Youth Literature and Culture,” will be guest edited by Dr. Brigitte Fielder (University of Wisconsin-Madison) and Dr. Katrina Phillips (Macalester College).
Read and download the full CFP for RDYL 3.1 here.
Sonia Alejandra Rodríguez, RDYL’s Book Review Editor, oversees the publication of 2-3 book reviews per issue. If you are interested in having RDYL review your book or writing reviews for RDYL, or if you have a suggestion for a book to be reviewed, please contact Sonia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sarah Park Dahlen and Gabrielle Atwood Halko, Co-Editors
- Volume 1, Issue 1 (June) Windows, Mirrors, and Sliding Glass Doors
- Volume 1, Issue 2 (2019 spring) unthemed, with a special section themed "Life, Death, and Activism In Youth Media and Culture," guest edited by Breanna McDaniel
- Volume 2, Issue 1 (June) "Queer Futurities," guest edited by Dr. Angel Daniel Matos and Dr. Jon M. Wargo.
- Volume 2, Issue 2 (December) unthemed
- Volume 3, Issue 1 (2020 June) “Minstrelsy and Racist Appropriation in Youth Literature and Culture,” guest edited by Dr. Brigitte Fielder and Dr. Katrina Phillips.
- Volume 3, Issue 2 (December) unthemed
- We are now accepting essays year-round for our unthemed issues.