Research on Diversity in Youth Literature (RDYL) is a peer-reviewed, online, open-access journal hosted by St. Catherine University’s Master of Library and Information Science Program and University Library. RDYL is published twice a year; some issues will center around a particular theme.NEWS
On behalf of Research on Diversity in Youth Literature, we are delighted to welcome Sonia Alejandra Rodríguez as our Book Review Editor! Sonia received her PhD in English from the University of California, Riverside and is now an Assistant Professor of English at LaGuardia Community College, CUNY, where she teaches composition, literature, and creative writing. Her scholarship and teaching interests align with the core values of RDYL, and we look forward to working with her.
Sonia will oversee the publication of 2-3 book reviews per issue (issues are published two times a year, in June and December). If you are interested in having RDYL review your book or writing reviews for RDYL, or if you have a suggestion for a book to be reviewed, please contact Sonia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sarah and Gabrielle, co-editors
- Volume 1, Issue 1 (June) Windows, Mirrors, and Sliding Glass Doors
- Volume 1, Issue 2 (December) unthemed, with a special section themed "Life, Death, and Activism In Youth Media and Culture," guest edited by Breanna McDaniel
- Volume 2, Issue 1 (June) "Queer Futurities," guest edited by Dr. Angel Daniel Matos and Dr. Jon M. Wargo. Click here for CFP.
- Volume 2, Issue 2 (December) unthemed
- We are now accepting essays year-round for our unthemed issues.
Current Issue: Volume 1, Issue 1 (2018) #OwnVoices Scholars Respond to "Mirrors, Windows, and Sliding Glass Doors"
Editorial Board Statement for RDYL's Inaugural Issue
"Like Raindrops on Granite": A Dialogic Analysis of Full Cicada Moon as Crossover Scholarship
Michelle H. Martin and J. Elizabeth Mills
Unsettling Representations of Identities: A Critical Review of Diverse Youth Literature
E. Sybil Durand and Marilisa Jiménez-García