Research on Diversity in Youth Literature (RDYL) is a peer-reviewed, online, open-access journal hosted by St. Catherine University’s Master of Library and Information Science Program and University Library. RDYL is published twice a year; June issues are themed and December issues are unthemed.RDYL 3.1 CFP
We are pleased to announce that RDYL 3.1, themed “Minstrelsy and Racist Appropriation in Youth Literature and Culture,” will be guest edited by Dr. Brigitte Fielder (University of Wisconsin-Madison) and Dr. Katrina Phillips (Macalester College).
Read and download the full CFP for RDYL 3.1 here.
Sonia Alejandra Rodríguez, RDYL’s Book Review Editor, oversees the publication of 2-3 book reviews per issue. If you are interested in having RDYL review your book or writing reviews for RDYL, or if you have a suggestion for a book to be reviewed, please contact Sonia at email@example.com.
Sarah Park Dahlen and Gabrielle Atwood Halko, Co-Editors
- Volume 1, Issue 1 (June) Windows, Mirrors, and Sliding Glass Doors
- Volume 1, Issue 2 (2019 spring) unthemed, with a special section themed "Life, Death, and Activism In Youth Media and Culture," guest edited by Breanna McDaniel
- Volume 2, Issue 1 (June) "Queer Futurities," guest edited by Dr. Angel Daniel Matos and Dr. Jon M. Wargo.
- Volume 2, Issue 2 (December) unthemed
- Volume 3, Issue 1 (2020 June) “Minstrelsy and Racist Appropriation in Youth Literature and Culture,” guest edited by Dr. Brigitte Fielder and Dr. Katrina Phillips.
- Volume 3, Issue 2 (December) unthemed
- We are now accepting essays year-round for our unthemed issues.
Current Issue: Volume 2, Issue 1 (2019) Queer Futurities
Editors’ Introduction: Queer Futurities in Youth Literature, Media, and Culture
Angel Daniel Matos and Jon Michael Wargo
Here and Not Now: The Queer Geographies of This One Summer
When Everything Feels Like the Horror Movies: The Ghostliness of Queer Youth Futurity
Derritt Mason and Joshua Whitehead